Are you thinking about selling your house? Perhaps you’re weighing the pros and cons of how to sell and wondering, “Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Detroit Or Sell To An Investor?” If so then this blog post is for you! (It also applies to anyone looking to sell a house anywhere in Metro Detroit. Selling a house is a big, complex decision so you’re smart to be thinking through all the steps of the process. If you were looking to hire a real estate agent, continue reading!
Should I Hire A Real Estate Professional To Sell My Home In Detroit Or Sell To An Investor?
Pros And Cons Of Working With An Agent
- The agent has probably done this before so they know the process
- You won’t have to do the actual negotiating – the agent will take care of that for you
- The agent will guide you step-by-step
- You might get a price closer to your asking price
- You’ll have to pay to fix up your house
- You’ll have to clean up your house
- You’ll have to wait while an agent shows your house to buyers – this could take months
- … which means you’ll have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property the whole time the house is being shown
- You’ll have to pay the agent’s commissions
- You might not get a price closer to your asking price
Should I Hire A Real Estate Agent To Sell My Home In Detroit Or Sell To An Investor?
Pros And Cons Of Working With An Investor
- The investor will have done this often and knows what they are doing
- You’ll know exactly what the offer is right away – there’s no guesswork or gambling on the market
- You don’t have to pay to fix up your house
- You don’t have to clean up your house
- You don’t have to wait months
- … which means you don’t have to pay bills, taxes, and insurance on the property that whole time
- You don’t have any commissions or fees to pay
- You might not get “market price” for your house – an investor may pay less
Which Is Better For You?
For many property owners it comes down to just a few simple questions:
- How soon do you want to sell?
- Would you rather gamble and see IF you can get market price (but pay more in bills) or know right away exactly how much you’ll get (and save money in all those expenses)?
Ready To Sell Soon?
If you’re thinking of selling and have questions about the process or to see how much we can offer for your property, just reach out to us and let us know about the house and we’ll see how we can help – we might be able to give you a cash offer to buy your house right away or we might be connected you with a great real estate agent that we know and work with. Just call us at (313)647-8806 or click here now to learn more about what to expect if you hire a real estate agent and we’ll get back to you right away.