Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Metro Detroit area home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house fast in Metro Detroit.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we buy houses in Metro Detroit Michigan right now!)There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change. So, if you’re asking the question, “how can I sell my house fast,” continue reading!
Don’t Agonize – Get Organized
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Metro Detroit, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
“So how do I make the right choice when relocating and need to sell my house fast in Detroit Michigan?”
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Metro Detroit… What Are My Options And Steps?
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able or willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a big one. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a great Realtor before packing: Get started early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell your house costs money. If you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell, we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. If you’re saying, “I need to sell my house fast in Detroit,” just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible but one thing many people forget to do is come up with the dollar amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000 and your mortgage payment is $1,200 a month, taxes $200, $100 for insurance and $100 for maintenance while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600 a month in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price you are still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like Detroit Fair Offer vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Taking action to sell my house fast!: Whatever you decide on, just take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local real estate agent in Metro Detroit. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t fetch the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your home for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
“Sell My House Fast in Metro Detroit MI”
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in Detroit in as-is condition)
- Or a variety of other reasons
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Metro Detroit real estate, so please feel free to call us at (313)647-8806 and chat with us anytime.